1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY DATES: Clairol Professional and Hype Hair Instagram Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period begins on June 17 2019, at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Day Time (“PDT”) and ends on July 17, 2019 12:00:00 a.m. PDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Clairol Professional and Hype Hair will select ten (10) winners on July 18, 2019. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. There will be one (1) drawing to award ten (10) Prizes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Coty Inc., 4500 Park Granada Calabasas, CA 91302 (“Sponsor) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only open to legal U.S. residents of the continental United States or the District of Columbia, excluding, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, and Puerto Rico, who are at least eighteen (18) years old. (“Entrant”). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Agency, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their Advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
- Follow @clairol_pro and @hypehairmag
- Take a picture of your hair after using Clairol Professional Textures and Tones and post it to Instagram
- Use hashtag #discovertexturesandtones in your post
- Clairol Professional and Hype Hair will select winners on July 18, 2019.
Limit: One (1) entry per person
Propriety of Comment Content: An Entry: (iii) cannot contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, lewd, violent, illegal, offensive, disparaging or inappropriate words, abbreviations, language, signs, products, poses, behavior, symbols, political, personal and/or religious references or statements, (including, but not limited to, words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; (iv) cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (v) cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Sponsor, its products, or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or explicitly or implicitly communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to be associated, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; (vi) cannot contain any personal identification, such as personal names, email addresses or street addresses; . The posting of a comment pursuant to the above instructions does not mean the comment has been deemed to be in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at any time during the Sweepstakes Period, without notice to the entrant who posted the comment, to remove the posting from any website controlled by Sponsor that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, does not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content and in the event of such removal, the comment will be disqualified and will not be eligible to compete for the Winner’s Prize.
By entering, entrant affirms that he/she has the consent to grant Sponsor and its designees, shall have the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, reproduce, exploit, modify or dispose of any entry and all elements of such entry, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known throughout the world.
Entries made by any other individual other than the person named in the entry or by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for the Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entry materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the Prize based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner Notification: Potential winner will be contacted via Instagram direct message by the Administrator/Agency. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within twenty four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification or Prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her Prize and an alternate prize winner may be If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. The potential prizewinner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
5. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, eachentrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, INSTAGRAM, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSURERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND FULFILLMENT AGENCIES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final.Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: Only the Prize listed below will be awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Gift bag of various beauty products
Limit: Total approximate retail value of all prizes is between $150.00 and $200.00.
All other incidental expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. All taxes on Prize are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent substitutions as necessary, due to circumstances not under its control.
DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any Prize.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of California, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of state of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than state of California. Any litigation arising out of or in any way related to this Agreement shall be venued in San Bernardino County, California.
9. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules visit www.hypehair.com/texturesandtones. For any legally-required winners list send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 4500 Park Granada Calabasas, CA 91302.