[SEE ALSO: 4 Unforgettable Hair Moments From The Met Gala 2016]
Her go-to stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew shared the inspiration behind the vampy look. “From the moment I saw Kerry’s Marc Jacob dress, I felt it was a bold look, but still sexy with all of the details in it,” she said. “So, I wanted to style her hair with texture and incorporate some color with a chopped layered cut. When it came to styling her hair it was all about the cut, and what better way to add extra drama was by giving her that ombré color with a deep purple and texture?”
Read on for tips on how to get the look with a few strategically placed clip-in extensions and curling iron.
Get The Look
- Starting on freshly washed and conditioned hair, blow dry with a professional hairdryer and give hair some lift at the roots with a round brush.
- Next, part hair on the right side and curl with the T3 curling iron body waver for fullness, shine and texture. “I love that with this tool I’m not going to damage Kerry’s hair,” said Sturdivant-Drew. “It has constant heat throughout the plates so it much more gentle on the strands.”
- To give hair added texture, brush out out with a paddle brush.
- Curl medium strands of the hair starting at the root loosely around the curling iron for 7 seconds. “I did this clock- and counter-clockwise with the iron throughout her hair to pump up the volume,” she said.
- Tease the roots a little and clip in some body wave extensions in the center and top for natural added texture and length.
- Lastly, gather hair all together in mid center, and cut it in the back and let the hair fall forward for some drama.