Ciara was front row at H&M Paris Fashion Week showcase last night in all her crowning glory – literally! The singer rocked a gorgeous double braided crown with wispy leave-outs to compliment her stunning printed H&M Studio dress. The tribal-inspired look was created, of course, by her go-to stylist Cesar Ramirez.
“When I saw the look at the H&M showroom, I wanted to play off the fun patterns in the dress”, said the Global Artistic Director of MIZANI. “I immediately thought something tribal, twisted, dreaded and maybe frizzy would complete her look.”
Ramirez also shared how created the look using an invisible part technique and fishtail braid extension.
Get The Look
- To start, Cesar parted the hair down the center from front hairline to the crown. Then from the crown down to the neck, he zigzag parted to create an invisible part in the back.
- Next, Cesar started braiding down each side off the part using MIZANI Defyne Wax to really detail the braids. Once he started braiding off the head, he switched to a fishtail braid.
- Cesar then took a separate bundle of custom color blended hair to match her color and made a long separate fishtail braid.
- He crossed and hair pinned the two loose ends in the back to sit right above the neck, then pinned in the separate fishtail like a headband behind the previous braid.
- Cesar then pulled on each strand of each braid and lightly sprayed MIZANI SHYNE Bodifying Sheen Spray for slip – this created all the loose frizzy texture.
- Cesar finished the look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for hold.