When it comes to hairstyles, Taraji P. Henson has proven she’s not afraid to try anything. Whether it’s Janet Jackson-inspired, lavender highlights or under-the-wig braids, she has experimented and slayed everytime. Her braided side-swept look like last night on “Taraji and Terrence’s White Hot Holidays” was no exception.
Created by celeb stylist and MIZANI Artist Cesar Ramirez, her hairstyle was “Urban Veronica Lake” inspired, giving her both edge and glamour. The best part about her look is that you can easily recreate it at home. Check out the tips below from Ramirez himself to glam up your own look – but, remember, this look is all about the braids.
- Begin by creating your favorite side part line, and section off hair to be braided. Your braids can be created in any style you prefer.
- Starting on damp hair, apply MIZANI Thermastrength Heat Protecting Serum for anti-breakage and smooth finishing.
- Using a round brush, smooth and dry small sections – this will create volume. After all is dry, use a wide barrel curling wand, wrap and twist random small sections to create texture.
- Once you’re happy with the amount of texture, use a paddle brush and brush through your hair.
- Using your favorite texturing spray, shake your head upside down and spray from roots to ends lightly.
- Use your fingers to separate and lay your hair in place that best complements your face.
Remember to leave the hair looking a little disheveled and piecey for a fun, sexy look.
And, if this look is a tad too dramatic for you, click through to check out a more daytime-friendly remix.