Refined looks with a sultry quality is the hot beauty ideal this season! Stunning television personality and beauty mogul La La Anthony is working her own interpretation of this fabulous trend, with neutral tones that enhance her features without distracting from her natural beauty.
Recreate her look with our step-by-step tutorial and product suggestions from her Motives for La La collection. We love this product line because all of the makeup is mineral-based, which is a bonus for skin care enthusiasts who want to maintain healthy skin.
“A lot of women wear makeup but then, years later, are wondering what happened to their skin,” said Anthony. “With this mineral-based line, you’re protecting your skin every step of the way.”
1. To begin, you want to achieve a smooth and seamless look underneath the eyes. Use a concealer from the Motives collection to minimize dark circles. Dab on a small amount of concealer directly under the eyes and then blend in gently with your ring finger.
2. Next comes your foundation. The Motives for La La Color Perfection Quads foundation allows you to mix the shades to match your own skin tone, which is perfect for adjusting to the way that your skin changes throughout the year.
“In the winter your skin is one shade, and in the spring and summer your skin changes a bit,” said Anthony. “So with the quads, you don’t have to go out and buy new makeup. You can just adjust the colors to fit your shade and your complexion.”
Use a flat makeup brush and apply it in long sweeping strokes to create flawless coverage.
3. One of the best features of La La’s standout look is the flirty eyelashes. If your lashes are not as lush as hers, apply false lashes along the lash lines for maximum glamour.
4. Apply a thick line of black eyeliner over the false lashes once the adhesive is completely dry.\
5. Finish the eyes with three generous coats of Motives for La La Mineral Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
6. Create a contoured effect by applying your blush directly to the hollows of the cheeks. We recommend using a stippling blush brush for precise application. Switch to a smaller brush to apply the color along both sides of the bridge of your nose. Motives for La La Mineral Blush in Carmel-La is a great color choice for this look.
7. Finish the look with the perfect pout by using a sheer nude color on the lips. Pucker up with La La’s Mineral Lipstick in Nice.