The 74th annual Bronner Bros. Int’l Beauty Show (BB) returns with an all-new virtual format to provide salon pros the education and skills needed to adapt and evolve during COVID-19. The tech-powered platform is designed to meet the unique needs of barbers, stylists, and cosmetology students in the growing multicultural industry. Hosted on September 26th & 27th, the event will feature more than 60 master classes and 100 exhibitors from around the world. This is the nation’s first and largest virtual beauty show of its kind. To register, visit bronnerbros.com.
As the impact of COVID-19 ripples through the multicultural beauty community, salon professionals, manufacturers, and suppliers are facing unforeseen challenges. Due to the pandemic, BB canceled the company’s in-person event for the first time in its history.
“COVID-19’s impact on the Black beauty industry has been unprecedented, halting the ability for many stylists and barbers to generate income. This is unchartered territory for us all— but the Show must go on!” said James Bronner, SVP of Bronner Bros. Show Operations. “The BB team has reimagined an exciting virtual experience that will be entertaining and most of all, safe.”
The virtual Show’s agenda is dedicated to continuing education and celebrating the culture. Programming includes classes taught by some of the industry’s foremost artistic teams, global educators, and business experts. Students are also encouraged to take advantage of the virtual platform to sharpen their skills.
Other virtual Show highlights include:
• Digital Marketplace: Attendees can connect with exhibitors to preview and buy new products and services. Sponsors and partners include Allied Beauty Association (ABA) Canada, Andis, EAP Heat, and UPS, among others.
• Master classes: Classes for barbers and stylists at all levels; Learn the latest techniques on cut, color, weaves, natural haircare, barbering, and more.
• Business panels: Interactive discussions on topics such as safely re-opening your salon or barbershop, disaster proofing your business, and maintaining your health behind-the-chair.
• Competitions: Live streams featuring some of the industry’s top talent as they battle for cash and prizes on the virtual main stage.
• Charles Gregory Tribute: Special presentation honoring beauty industry legend and icon, Charles Gregory. He was best known for revolutionizing the industry with his ready-to-wear cuts. For more than three decades, Mr. Gregory served as a master educator and judge for the BB Show and BB® Professional.
“Black beauty professionals have always blazed new trails by putting a creative twist on the business,” said Erika Respress, Bronner Bros Show Manager. “Our very first virtual Show is yet another example of how we can turn a challenge into an opportunity by innovating and changing the game.”