Actress Octavia Spencer showed off dreamy waves for a classic look at last night’s Golden Globes. Styled by David Stanwell, we got all the deets on the Shape of Water star’s voluminous look.
“Octavia’s dress for the Golden Globes was sparkly and has quite a flow so we went for an amped up version of one of her classic looks,” said David. “She wanted to keep the voluminous waves youthful, yet polished for the big night!”
David also gave us intel on the five easy steps and tools he used to create the flowing look. “To set the foundation of any look, I always recommend mixing a few of the right products to prep the hair,” explained David.
- For Octavia’s waves, he prepped her hair with Dove Style+Care Curls Defining Mousse to add texture and hold and a few pumps of Dove Absolute Curls Supreme Crème Serum for shine shine.
- Then, he blow dried her hair with a round brush to smooth out and create the face-framing shape.
Next, he sectioned her hair into three parts, one on each side and the back.
- Starting with the back, he first sprayed hair with Dove Style+Care Smooth and Shine Heat Protection Spray to prevent heat damage and then wrapped small sections of her hair around a 1-inch curling iron to create big waves.
- For the sides, curled and twisted hair back away from her face to give it desired shape. “ I ike to leave the sides for last because they are very important as they are framing her face,” he explained.
- To give her hair a more relaxed look, he ran his fingers through her hair break up each curl and used Dove Style+Care Compressed Micro Mist Extra Hold Hairspray to hold the shape of her hair securely in place without any.