We love when members of our team try out new (or tried-and-true) hair styles and products – and share it with us. Most recently, our social media director Angela B. Logan rocked an amazing partial install featuring Indique Pure Wavy extensions while attending the premiere of Disney’s The BFG.
[SEE ALSO: 10 Weave Companies We Swear By]
And, now, Angela is in love with her “luxurious” hair! Though she has waist-length tresses of her own, she said the extensions are the perfect protective style to beat the stress of styling and the elements while staying fab. “What’s better is that you will stay that way during the entirety of your install! This Indique hair has minimal shedding, no tangling and curls beautifully.”
We love the look, too! Her stylist Sonia Samuel shared deets on how she achieved the flawless u-part installation. With temperatures soaring in Hollywood beyond 100 degrees Samuel wanted to create a glamorous and heat proof look.
Get The Look
- Start out with freshly washed and conditioned hair.
- The foundation of any weave install is to choose great hair. Indique Hair is known for their unparalleled virgin Indian Hair. It was what Samuel used to create Angela’s look and is one of the weave companies we swear by.
- Create a part and section of hair for a leave out in a u shape.
- Braid hair around the leave out with thin u-shaped braids. Cornrow the remaining hair and sew down long hair. Note: Braids should not be too taut as to prevent hair loss.
- Sew in track firmly, but comfortably. “Indique Hair has tremendous body and wave” said Sonia, adding that hair requires minimal fuss. “A light flat iron blend on your leave-out you are ready to go!”
- For extra waves, wrap 2″ sections of hair around a flat iron for a few seconds and slightly bump the ends.
- Let set. Finish with a light finishing spray for lasting hold.