Last week, we swooned over OPI global ambassador Kerry Washington’s edgy look at the Oscars. Her bouffant pony and striking black and white Versace gown were a definite hit! But, what many of our readers wanted to know was how to achieve the dual matte and glossy finish on her jet black nails.
- To get the look, first start with clean, dry nails and shape them as desired. Kerry’s talon nail shape is rather daring – but the look can be softened into a more almond shape, if desired.
- Next, apply the base coat and let dry.
- Then, apply two coats of the onyx lacquer – letting it dry for a few minutes between each coat.
- Once that is dry, apply a single coat of matte top coat and let dry completely.
- Finally, apply a scallop stencil to the nail base – leaving the tips exposed – and apply a single clear top coat above the stencil to add the glossy flare.