While Ciara heated up social media with her barely there dress on the Grammys red carpet Monday night (Feb. 15), it was the back of her twisted ‘do that sparked our attention. The singer’s go-to stylist Cesar Ramirez, who has been doing interesting takes on ponytails as of late, shared the inspiration behind her back grazing look – and how he achieved it.
“During Ciara’s dress fitting for the Grammy’s, I fell in love with how beautifully the dress revealed her shoulders and neck line,” said Ramirez. “So, I wanted something up — but not an updo.”
Get The Look
1. First Ramirez prepped Ciara’s hair by washing and conditioning it with MIZANI True Textures Moisture Replenish Shampoo and MIZANI True Textures Moisture Replenish Conditioner. This added moisture and prepared her freshly highlighted hair for a blowout.
2. He then towel dried and applied a heat protectant – MIZANI Thermastrength Heat Styling Serum – that also added strength and elasticity.
3. Once smoothed, Ramirez center-parted and split Ciara’s hair into two sections. He pulled each section back and low on the neck, and began tying the sections together in knots.
4. Then he created three large knots in pinched sections and pulled on them to give it a messy, disheveled feel and secured them with a simple Goodie Ouchless Elastic band.
5. To finish the look, he pulled out a small strand off the part line to give the look a soft, natural sexy vibe and sprayed her hair with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist.