It’s okay. You can admit it. Khloe Kardashian’s ultra chic ponytail had Instagram blowing up this week – and you loved the look. No shade, cause we loved it, too! Let’s face it, regardless of whatever drama the Kardashian clan has popping off, their hair and beauty looks (sans cornrows) are almost always on point. And, Khloe’s sleek pony at her NYC “Kocktails with Khloe” press function was no exception.
Her look was created by MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez who has been slaying Khloe’s hair the entire week of her press run, from beachy waved bobs to bone straight and bumped. But this look, in particular, had us turning our heads.
“I was inspired by Khloe’s form-fitting one piece lace jumpsuit,” said Ramirez. “Since it had the structure of a man’s suit, I wanted to play off the androgyny with a strong, sleek structured style. I like to make ponytails a bit more interesting, so I wrapped it in black cord and added the black bobby pins on both sides.”
Who knew stacked bobby pins and a basic bungee cord ponytail could be so fly?
- First, section from ear to ear creating a front and back section (this is a trick when working on full thick hair), then brought the back section into a tight low pony tail.
- Then in the front section, create a deep center part all the way to the crown and bring each side to meet the low ponytail in the back.
- Use a brush like Porcupine Bristle Ceramic Conair Cushion Brush and MIZANI DEFYNE WAX for hold and shine.
- Next, tightly wrap a long black bunge cord around the pony tail and stack small flat bobby pins on both sides to add an interesting detail.
- Finish the style using MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist
It’s okay. Get your ponytail life on. We won’t judge!