Singer Ciara stunned on the MTV VMA’s red carpet last night in a sleek new ‘do styled by celebrity hairstylist and MIZANI artist Cesar Ramirez. Inspired by some of his favorite 90’s moments, Ramirez opted for a strong, blunt cut chocolate bob with a center part that perfectly framed her face.
The renowned hairstylist, who has designed Ciara’s hair looks over the past few years along with such celebs as Taraji P. Henson and LaLa Anthony, shared details on the products he used to create her flawless look.
Get The Look
For the color, Ramirez created a dark chocolate base with thin slices of a dark toffee highlight. He then prepped Ciara’s hair using MIZANI’s Thermasmooth System, a four-step thermal straightening system for natural tresses designed to achieve a long-lasting, frizz-free, smooth style without using a relaxer.
- Starting with MIZANI Thermasmooth Shampoo and Conditioner for weightless protection, Ramirez combed through MIZANI 25 Miracle Milk and cut the hair into a one length bob, barely grazing her shoulders.
- To style, he added the MIZANI Thermasmooth Smooth Guard Serum, established the middle part and began to blow dry the bob section by section.
- Using a mason brush and the nozzle of a blow dryer, dry each section downward into a sleek finish.
- Once completely dried, use a flatiron and a light mist of MIZANI Thermasmooth Shine Extend Anti-Humidity Spritz to fully lock out frizz.
- Finish with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist.