Celebrity hair stylist Ted Gibson has teamed up with Yahoo! Beauty to give us a tutorial in the half-up, half-down top knot trend.
Below is Gibson’s 7-step guide to complete the look:
- Start by using a large barrel curling iron to create soft waves.
- With a comb, section hair from the top of the ear to the crown of the head.
- Brush hair straight up into a tight, high ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Apply styling cream to tame flyaways and add shine.
- Twist the ponytail into a knot at the top of your head.
- Use bobby pins to secure the knot.
- Finish the look with hairspray to hold everything in place.
Press play above to watch Gibson serve up a fierce lesson plan on the art of the half-down top knot.