Spring is here and textured sets are hot on the style scene this season. Celebrity stylist, textured hair expert, author and SheaMoisture beauty ambassador Diane C. Bailey walks us through 7 simple steps to get a great twist out.
- For a gentle cleanse, start with SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo. This sulfate-free shampoo softens, moisturizes hair and detangles curls.
- Towel-dry. Divide hair into 4-6 sections. Apply a quarter size amount of SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk from roots to end. Comb the treatment through with a large tooth comb.
- Gently blow-dry hair 60% with a diffuser to remove dampness, smooth cuticle and to elongate textured hair.
- Section the hair for two strand twists. In each section apply a small amount of SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie to create elongated twists. Repeat until the entire head is complete.
- Allow hair to dry completely.
- Release knots and twists. For added volume and fullness, use an Afro pick to open texture from the scalp. Lift hair until all partings are diminished and total fullness is achieved.
- For brilliant sheen, lightly mist SheaMoisture Raw Shea Reconstructive Elixir to hair to finish.