When facing these harsh, cold months, we need to make some serious changes in our hair care regime. The air is dryer and our hair becomes thirsty. So the main key to healthy winter hair is…MOISTURE. Here are some of my go-to products that help me flush the winter blues and keep my hair looking lush!
1. The first switch I recommend is from your everyday shampoo and conditioner. You want to use a product that’s built to repair damages and the effects of aging, as well as add moisture. A great one to try is Alterna Caviar Anti-aging Moisture Duo Shampoo & Conditioner.
2. I like to have my clients re-up on the moisture a few times a month with a deep conditioning treatment. It penetrates the cuticle and really replenishes the hair from the inside out. One of my favorites is Kerastase Chronologiste Deep Conditioning Treatment.
3. Sometimes it’s better to let the hair air-dry when possible. For this, I like to use a product like an argan oil or Moroccan oil that will seal in the moisture. I like Josie Maran Argan Oil.
4. When styling the hair, especially with heat styling, extra protection is necessary. The new trend is the CC creams for haircare; they are to die for! I prefer Alterna Caviar CC Cream 10-In-1 Complete Correction, or you can use a similar product like It’s A 10 Miracle Leave in Product before you blow-dry and style. Queen B tip: It’s A 10 is also a great product to use on weaves and wigs to revitalize the hair and bring it back to a tangle-free and high-shine state.
5. Lastly, I tell everyone to stretch their styles as long as possible. Over-cleansing and over-styling are the two main factors that lead to dry, dull winter hair. If you battle with oil, use a high-end dry shampoo to soak up all the unwanted oil. Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo is a great choice. Keep this up and you’ll have perfect hair in no time! Stay warm!
Learn more about the hair stylist extraordinaire at iamqueenb.com.